Thursday, June 23, 2011

clothing + sparkle

I am constantly searching for dresses, skirts, and tops that complement my designs. this past spring, when searching for a dress for a friend's birthday party, I came across the amazing designs of "Project Runway" alum Kara Janx. It was love at first sight on saks.com. I wore the dress with my signature necklace to the Ace Hotel and received more compliments than I can count.

here I am in my jewelry studio modeling the Kara Janx dress with my signature necklace and glitter shoes!

my signature necklace, www.katiebartels.com

The fun didn't end there...about two weeks later I got the opportunity to meet Kara at a personal appearance at Bloomingdales! Not only is a fabulous designer, but she is also an incredibly down-to-earth and genuine woman. It was such a thrill getting to meet her and I picked up some more designs to pair with my pieces (photos to come in the future). check out her designs at www.karajanx.com

me (wearing my wood and coral necklace!) with the fabulous Kara Janx!

No comments:

Post a Comment