Saturday, July 16, 2011

clothing + sparkle

today is my 27th birthday! I have a variety of birthday traditions. my parents always give me hugs and kisses at the exact moment of my birth, 11:07 pm (or they call me if we are in different cities). I always have to eat grilled cheese and lemonade for lunch. this tradition started at age 3 when my pregnant mom took me with her to a doctors appointment so I could see a sonogram of my soon to be baby brother. afterwards, she took me to lunch at the hospital cafe and we had lemonade and grilled cheese (my favorite lunch). this tradition continued every year!

(blowing out the candles on my 4th birthday. naturally I rocked a pink birthday tiara)

one of my favorite birthday traditions is getting dressed up! even as a young child I would pre-plan my birthday dress (this should come as no surprise :) ). this year, I decided to go for a 1950s glam look and wear a dress from my favorite designer, Kara Janx. and I am obviously pairing it with my favorite necklace!

(katie's signature necklace, kara janx dress, jcrew bangles, prada clutch, christian louboutin heels)

No comments:

Post a Comment