Monday, August 15, 2011

culinary adventures in the hamptons

as the hamptons portion of my vacation comes to an end, I've been reflecting on some of the wonderful seafood I have consumed (I'm going to go through such withdrawal when I return to manhattan...).

lunch in amagansett wins for the best salmon of the trip. I definitely had to go twice and wish I could bring some back with me, but alas.

we also had a great lunch at clam bar on the montauk highway. the corn on the cob, tuna fritters, and fried scallops were definite winners. and the atmosphere is great: complete with the table umbrellas matching the bold red and yellow ketchup and mustard bottles (very roadside food stand chic). this place wins for best classic beach town atmosphere.

meeting house in amagansett wins for best scallops. how can you top pan roasted scallops with polenta croutons, corn relish, and truffle vinaigrette?!

the best coffee goes to jack's stir brew. I am a huge coffee snob and the ambiance of a coffee shop is very important to me, even if I am only in the shop for 5 minutes ordering. jack's not only had excellent (and strong!) coffee, but the shop was also adorable and the staff was great (a nice change from starbucks in manhattan!). also, the mexican chocolate almonds are not to be missed--I stocked up before I left!

and last but certainly not least, best ice cream goes to scoops du jour in east hampton! I first went here over memorial day weekend and fell in love. I had to come back during this trip and have the health bar crunch again.

next up: adventures in nantucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment