Wednesday, August 24, 2011

shout out in the southern eclectic!

a few months ago I posted about an exciting fashion discovery I made while visiting a friend in north carolina...sheridan french! her colorful, well-tailored dresses caught my eye and I knew I had found a real gem! as customary, I also immediately began to think about a necklace to make to pair with the dress :). I decided to create a wood and faceted jade necklace to add a pop of color but not distract from the great pattern. I made the necklace in several different colors--yellow, peach, and purple jade (I have other colors in the works!).

wearing my sheridan french dress with my necklace, kate spade clutch, alexis bittar cocktail ring, kate spade shoes

I also started following Sheridan's blog, The Southern Eclectic, and became totally obsessed with her design aesthetic and charming personality. she blogs about her love for interior design, her family, her lifestyle, and her overall fashion sense. my favorite section of the blog is "How I Wore It", where Sheridan mixes and matches fabulous clothing and accessories. I am so thrilled that my wood and jade piece has been featured in her most recent "How I Wore It" post!

here's Sheridan wearing my necklace!:

(photo, The Southern Eclectic)

check out the rest of her post (p.s. how adorable are her children?!): http://sheridanfrench.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-i-wore-it-playing-dress-up.html

my necklace can be purchased at my online store, http://www.katiebartels.com/purchase/

(wood and jade necklace, $140)

No comments:

Post a Comment