Wednesday, January 23, 2013

whales, geysers, and fish: reykjavik travels

here are a few snaps from the three days my friend natalie and I spent in reykjavik, the capital of iceland, and my newest favorite city:

view of reykjavik


viking chic


the perlan


me sporting viking attire


delicious fish and chips at Icelandic Fish and Chips


aquatic currency


my friend natalie eating her fish and chips


cod and rosemary chips


geothermal pool


black lava salt, my new fave thing


baby geyser


amazingly good sweet potato fries


icelandic butter (a trip highlight) and black lava salt


too good to be true


our favorite: icelandic butter


my favorite street name in reykjavik


nordic knitwear


my newest passport stamp

traditional icelandic hot dogs


getting ready to go whale watching



whales!


fantastic do not disturb sign


fyi, don't walk on the geysers


geothermal pool (it was so cold I wanted to jump in)


I kept falling in love with the light fixtures we came across


how to tie a tie

1 comment:

  1. I would go to Iceland for the food alone- it looks amazing! I had the best fish and chips at an airport restaurant in London, I think it was, on our way to the Isle of Man (which had the BEST ice cream ever!). Ooh, now I am getting hungry just thinking about it!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete