Monday, April 22, 2013

milwaukee: the gem of the midwest

last weekend I went to milwaukee, wi, to visit one of my college friends who hosts an annual themed bar crawl. fact: I will travel for a good themed party. and my friend jon bellante knows how to throw a good theme party. I had high expectations for the weekend and those expectations were exceeded. milwaukee is a true gem and I can't wait for my next visit. here are some snaps from the weekend:


as a fan of both bloody marys and bacon, I was thrilled to
sip a bloody mary with a bacon, pickle, cheese, and string bean garnish 
within about an hour of landing

the trip really kicked off with a tour of the lakefront brewery. we had
quite possibly the most entertaining tour guide of all time

oh yes, there was cheese. mj {college friend who lives in nyc who
came with me on the adventure} and I made finding cheese and cheese accessories 
a top priority. I was super excited about my "that's what cheese said" tee shirt

bellante brings all of his guests to the "bronze fonz". I came prepared 
and added some bling to the fonz {my natalie necklace}.

prom! so the bar crawl, "a night to remember", had an 80s theme. 
I rocked neon and glitter bangles, my natalie necklace in neon lime, neon pink earrings,
and a fabulously tacky light purple and iridescent sequin dress. bellante is pictured 
at his in-home tap in his tuxedo with tails, naturally.

mark and cameron (top left) are featured in their thrift store {cue ryan 
lewis and mackelmore} purchases. a massive bird of paradise
flower corsage won my pick for best corsage. and below is a photo
of mj, bellante, and myself striking a classic prom pose

a night and a trip to remember

No comments:

Post a Comment