Friday, June 7, 2013

summer beauty essentials



as things heat up outside, a change of beauty products is essential. for summer I am all about staying cool and keeping to products minimal, but with a focus on sun protection. 

1. clarins one-step gentle exfoliating gentle cleanser: keeping skin exfoliated is important to prevent breakouts (esp because of how much more we sweat in the summer). and its also important to keep your cleanser gentle if your skin is exposed to a lot of sun

2. NARS body glow: for those like me with pale, european skin, this gives a nice "I just spent the day poolside check out my bronzy glow" look as opposed to the "I just spent the day poolside and I'm as red as this lobster I'm eating" look

3. boscia cool blue calming mask: we can do a lot to prevent sunburns but they are inevitable. this mask will help your skin feel great after a day in the sun

4. oribe gold lust: I swear by this product. its tough to keep your hair smooth during the summer but this product definitely works. perfect for blowouts or natural, air-dry waves

5. clinique broad spectrum SPF 30 body cream: I only put sunscreen on my body when I know I'm going to the beach or sitting in the park, but its still important to protect your skin when going to and from work or running errands. this product moisturizes and protects

6. josie maran argan daily moisturizer SPF 40: argan oil works wonders. add in sunscreen and you have the ideal summer product.

7. jurlique rosewater balancing mist: I am that girl who mists herself in the park when she gets hot. haters gonna hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment