Friday, March 14, 2014

culinary delights of cuba

I have always been a fan of cuban food so this vacation was definitely a treat (no pun intended). every day we had a 3-course lunch and dinner, which gave us the opportunity to sample many traditional cuban dishes. one of my favorite aspects was the "welcome drink", which was typically a mojito. take a look at some of the things we ate and drank:

celebrating our arrival with mojitos

mojitos in the making

I stop for fresh coconut water

MJ and her ice cream sandwich

welcome drink!

cheers!

fresh fruit cart on the street

why yes I would like rum in my pineapple juice

coconut ice cream and guava for dessert

seafood heaven

cerveza

sugar cane juice

cocktails at hemingway's house

my last mojito

my great love, plantains

No comments:

Post a Comment