Monday, February 6, 2012

the colors of jaipur

I'm back from India! I had an incredible time and found India both enchanting and inspiring. over the next two weeks I will be sharing some of the photos I took during my time in Jaipur, Udaipur, Delhi, and Agra.

it has always been my dream to go to Jaipur and the city completely lived up to my expectations. the colorful buildings and glittering gems provided me with so much inspiration {an india-inspired collection is in the works!}. here are some of my favorite snapshots from my three days in Jaipur:


we did some textile shopping at Anokhi and I wish my suitcase had been bigger


dinner at 1135 AD in Amber Fort, very delicious!


amazing architecture at Amber Fort (the archways were my favorite part)


me at Amber Fort!


I became obsessed with these gold shapes at the top of domes (I kept envisioning them as earrings :)


very colorful archways at narain niwas palace (a hotel). sneak peak: I'm going to use this color palette in a necklace :)


jeanne shops for scarves at Aashka

my favorite store in Jaipur

I was in scarf heaven at Hot Pink


Jeanne decides which scarves to purchase


me after our successful shopping trip


adored the traditional blue pottery (made in India since the Mughal rule) at Kripal Kumbh


backdrop to teatime at the Rambagh Palace

colorful shoes at the Johari Bazaar


bangles I purchased at the Johari Bazaar


stay tuned for photos of my visit to Gem Palace (aka what I envision heaven must be like)!

No comments:

Post a Comment