Tuesday, February 7, 2012

katie's adventures at Gem Palace: Part I

the highlight of my trip to India was my visit with my GIA friend Samir Kasliwal at his family's incredible jewelry store, Gem Palace. the store is filled with colorful, glittering treasures that have been designed and handcrafted by the Kasliwal family and their artisans. jewelry from Gem Palace has been worn by royalty, celebrities, and jewelry connoisseurs all over the world {fun fact: Oprah visited the store about three weeks ago during her trip to India}.

during my visit, Samir took me for a tour of their cutting and manufacturing studio. here are some snapshots from my tour:

cut stones being sorted (I want this to be my work station!)

unbelievable uncut emerald


craftsmen at Gem Palace carving stones


rose quartz, the before shot

stay tuned tomorrow for images of the magnificent jewels from Gem Palace!

No comments:

Post a Comment