Tuesday, March 27, 2012

serious sparkle

every april and december, christie's hosts its magnificent jewels auction in nyc. it is heaven. I always go to the auction preview and buy the catalogue so I can daydream about owning everything, especially the diamonds over 20 cts. the auction preview is incredibly fun and as a gemologist, I'm a kid in a {very expensive} candy shop. the preview is open to the public and you can even try on some of the pieces (they said "no" when I asked to try on a $5m yellow diamond ring...).


last april I tried on this 50 ct sapphire ring. perfection.

this year the auction will take place on april 17 and all of the details of the lots for sale are now online and there are some incredibly stunning pieces. I'm most excited about all of the colored diamonds. here are a few of the pieces I cannot wait to see in person:

a 9 ct fancy vivid purplish pink diamond ring

emerald and diamond earrings 

ruby, diamond, and gold necklace

colored diamond necklace



all images, christie's


No comments:

Post a Comment